Your support is essential to the success of the adults we serve.
When you donate to the Cape Fear Literacy Council, every dollar you give fuels the learning journey of an adult in our community. Your commitment to providing the resources our students need to succeed empowers them to achieve their goals and makes a tremendous difference to our programs. Financial contributions, donating books, investing your time — every action counts!
Giving, Your Way!
There are many ways to show your support for our programs!
- ATTEND AN EVENT: Our events help to raise awareness and funds, keeping our services free for adults in the region. You are cordially invited to join us on Tuesday, April 18, 2023, for Literacy in Bloom: the Luncheon for Literacy. Event Info
- RAISE FUNDS: Set your goal, share your campaign, and invite friends and loved ones in your network to help you make a difference in the lives of adults in our community. Start Your Fundraiser
- DONATE BOOKS: Support our programs by donating your unwanted new and gently used books to our e-bookshop. Learn more
- SHOP CFLC: Show your love for CFLC in our official apparel! CFLC’s online shop
- VOLUNTEER: We always need volunteers, especially in our programs. Ready to become a tutor or volunteer? Opportunities
Cape Fear Literacy Council’s partnerships with corporations and small businesses in the region have been a critical factor in the success of the educational opportunities we provide to adults in our programs. Our annual partners enable us to significantly increase the impact of our mission.
Partnering with the Literacy Council offers businesses the unique opportunity to connect with the community, increase brand visibility, and show support for addressing one of the most critical silent crises of our age: adult low literacy.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, download the Sponsorship Packet or click below to complete sponsor form. Please contact Erin Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Online Form: Corporate Support Partnership
A Tribute Gift
Memorial and Tribute Gifts are a powerful way to honor or remember a loved one, friend, or colleague by supporting the Cape Fear Literacy Council’s mission to provide personalized education so adults can transform their lives and contribute to a stronger community.
Your meaningful gift provides critical funds to sustain our language and literacy programs and services.
Leadership Giving: The Literacy Trust
Each year, friends and supporters of the Literacy Council provide flexible resources that help sustain CFLC’s programs and legacy of service. Leading these vital efforts are members of the Literacy Trust, donors who commit to contributing $500, $1,000, or $2,500 annually for five consecutive years.
This leadership-level giving allows our programs to reach more adults who want to improve critical literacy skills. Are you ready to go above … so students at the Cape Fear Literacy Council can go beyond and achieve their goals?
We appreciate the support of our current Literacy Trust members! In addition to recognition here on our site, members are listed in the annual Cape Fear Literacy Council Honor Roll of Donors (unless anonymity is requested). This Honor Roll of Donors includes all donors who made a gift from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
Please review your preferred membership level and join the Literacy Trust:
- Literacy Trust SILVER ($500 annually for five years): Benefits Join
- Literacy Trust GOLD ($1,000 annually for five years): Benefits Join
- Literacy Trust PLATINUM ($2,500 annually for five years): Benefits Join
The Literacy Trust Newsletters
Remember CFLC in Your Will
You can support the mission of Cape Fear Literacy Council through estate gifts, life income plans, or other planned gifts. Information about significant gifts that can be made in life or as part of a donor’s overall financial or estate planning is available in our Planned Giving Program Brochure.
To discuss your giving options, or to notify us if CFLC is already included as a part of your will, trust, or other planned gift, please contact Erin Payne at email@example.com or (910) 251-0911.
Cape Fear Literacy Council is an award-winning 501(c)(3) organization; our Tax Payer Identification Number is 58-1613254. Your gift is deductible for federal income tax purposes, as regulated by the IRS.
Cape Fear Literacy Council’s North Carolina Department of Secretary of State Charitable Solicitation License Number is SL001439.