CFLC's COVID-19 Response
Important COVID-19 Statement – CFLC follows the CDC’s best practices for physical distancing in order to make our environment as safe as possible. Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9 am – 3 pm. However, visits are by appointment only.
Program Hours – Classes and tutoring are available both IN-PERSON and REMOTELY. In-person meetings are available in Building B, by appointment only. Call us for more information at (910) 251-0911.
Tutors and students must:
- Make an appointment to meet on our campus.
- Ring the doorbell to enter, check-in at the front desk, and answer health screening questions.
- Wear a mask at all times while in the building.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we strive to protect our students, staff, and volunteers.
Adult Learners, improve your skills.
Let us help you reach your goal! We can help you get the skills you need for work and life. Cape Fear Literacy Council (CFLC) provides FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL instruction to adults – age 18 and older – who have educational goals that are personal or academic.
We offer 1-on-1 tutoring and small classes for:
- Reading and Writing
- English as a Second Language
- Computer Skills/Digital Literacy
- Test Preparation
- US Citzenship
Our programs can help you:
- Improve your reading, writing and math skills.
- Improve English language ability, including speaking and listening skills.
- Study for High School Equivalency tests (GED® or HiSET®).
- Prepare for better job opportunities or a new career.
- Study for community college or military entrance exams.
- Prepare for U.S. Naturalization Interview and Test (Citizenship).
- Gain computer skills and improve your abilities with Northstar® certifications.
- Reach personal goals.
Getting started is easy!
- Make an Appointment
Call our office at 910-251-0911 to make an appointment. Contact Nancy Woolley, Adult Literacy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lauren Rogers, ESL Director, at email@example.com for more information.
- Intake and Assessment
Come in for your appointment to complete an Intake Assessment.
- Placement and Enrollment
Get matched with a tutor or placed in a class. Commit to your goals.
- Start Class!
It’s time to start learning!