Are you task-oriented, organized, and enjoy customer service? Do you enjoy working alongside other changemakers? Volunteering with Cape Fear Literacy Council may be the opportunity you’re looking for!
CFLC’s non-instructional volunteers help with duties like mailings, covering reception, planning/staffing events, and more. We offer numerous ways for volunteers to help fulfill our mission: to provide personalized education so adults can transform their lives and contribute to a stronger Wilmington.
Sign-up to volunteer with us today — and share with a friend!
- Events Team: Help CFLC Staff behind the scenes to prepare for annual and small-party events. Duties may include office help, crafting, event set up, staffing event, and breaking down event. Volunteers may participate in some or all capacities. *Now recruiting LUNCHEON Volunteers!*
- Mailing Team: Prepares letters, postcards, and newsletters for mailing. Must be able to adhere to deadlines and value attention to detail.
- Weekly Reception Team: Greet visitors, tutors, and students. Answer phones, direct calls to staff, provide information about CFLC and our programs and accept book donations. Responsible for light admin tasks. 9a-12p one to two days per week, 3-month min. commitment preferred.
- Photographer: CFLC is seeking a talented photographer to donate their time and service, capturing candid moments at our small events and educational interactions on campus, allowing us to use photographs in our program marketing materials.
- Books Committee: The Friends of Literacy Bookshop is our platform to sell used books on Amazon.com, and proceeds from book sales support CFLC’s tutoring programs. Help process donations and ship book orders.
Interested in Tutoring?
Adult learners at the Cape Fear Literacy Council meet one-on-one with tutors throughout the year, focusing on skills necessary to achieve their goals. Trained and certified volunteer instructors aid program staff in providing direct educational services to adult learners.
Click to learn more: