Your support helps us to fulfill our mission: to provide personalized education so adults can transform their lives and contribute to a stronger Wilmington. Are you ready to get started?
1. Take the first step today – click here to discover the Ways to Volunteer at CFLC. You can also learn more about volunteer opportunities by clicking on the tabs to the left.
2. Would you like to speak to someone about how YOU can help? We will be happy to assist you! Please click the button below to contact us via email or call us at (910) 251-0911. If you would like more information about Tutor Training opportunities and schedules, please contact Lauren Rogers, ESL Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nancy Woolley, Adult Literacy Director, at email@example.com.Volunteer NOW!
Welcome CFLC Volunteer Tutors! Here you will find the links to all your Training Workshop videos and courses. Our workshop has an online component, as well as a traditional class structure. For your convenience, we have gathered all the online resources you will need and linked them to this blog.
EL CIVICS WORKBOOKS
Thank you for your interest in Cape Fear Literacy Council’s English as a Second Language (ESL) curriculum. The ESL program has designed a multi-level curriculum that is aligned with the English Language Proficiency Standards for Adult Education with Correspondences to College and Career Readiness Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy, and Mathematical and Science Practices (ELP Standards).
Using a curriculum for your ESL program:
- Allows you to meet federal and state guidance on rigorous, standards-based instruction
- Saves your instructors time while providing them with implicit professional development
- Makes it easy to arrange for substitute instructors
- Ensures that morning and evening classes and classes taught by different instructors encounter the same content at the same pace
- Gives your students consistent, quality instruction
You may select from two curriculum options. Pricing is as follows:
- $500 for 5 class cycles, all 3 levels (5 sets of lessons on 5 different themed topics at the Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced levels)
- $200 for 5 class cycles, 1 level only (5 sets of lessons on 5 different themed topics at either the Beginning, Intermediate, or Advanced level)
Please contact Lauren Rogers, ESL Program Director to purchase curriculum or to receive a sample of the curriculum. Lauren may be reached at (910) 251-0911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer tutor at Cape Fear Literacy Council? Watch this short video about what we do here at Cape Fear Literacy Council …
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT BECOMING A TUTOR:
If you would like more information about Tutor Training opportunities and schedules, please contact Lauren Rogers, ESL Director, at email@example.com or Nancy Woolley, Adult Literacy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.BECOME A TUTOR!